Saturday, August 7, 2010

Birthday Madness: Part Two


Daniel helped me make his cupcakes this year. He loved following the steps of the recipe, and helping me with the blender. Thanks to my mother in law's piping bag, I didn't have to use parchment triangles this year! It is SO much easier with a piping bag. The cupcakes are chocolate with peanut butter, and raspberry icing.  Here are the recipes:


3/4 cup soft butter
4 1/2 cups icing sugar
3 tsp milk or water (I use water)
2 tsp vanilla

Beat butter until soft, add icing sugar slowly. Beat in liquid 1 tsp at a time. Split in half.

Add 3 tbsp peanut butter to one half and mix well. You may need to thin out with a little water.

Add 2 tbsp rasperry jam/jelly to the other half and beat. You may need to thicken up with more icing sugar.

The best part of it all, for my numbers-obsessed little guy was finding these (free and printable!) cupcake flags at Fog and Thistle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...